3 lbs wild-caught Atlantic salmon
1/3 cup South River Sweet White Miso
4 large Japanese sweet potatoes
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, finely diced
1/2c tapioca flour
1/4c flaxseed meal
1/3c Dijon mustard
3 Lemons: zest and juice
1/4c fresh dill, chopped
Black pepper, to taste
Sunflower oil for baking
- Place salmon on baking sheet, spread with South River Sweet White Miso and roast at 425°F for 7-10 minutes.
- Chop Japanese sweet potatoes into a large dice and steam until soft.
- Saute onion 5 minutes, then reduce heat and add garlic.
- Drain sweet potatoes thoroughly. Mix tapioca flour, flaxseed meal and dijon mustard into hot sweet potatoes. Allow mixture to sit 10 minutes.
- Gently flake the salmon and add to potato mixture along with lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, and black pepper.
- Add onion and garlic saute to mixture.
- Gently combine all ingredients leaving flakes of salmon, chunks of sweet potato, and visible flecks of dill.
- Use a 2 oz scoop to scoop cakes onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and brushed with oil.
- Bake cakes at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, then flip and bake 10 more minutes or until golden.