Festive Penne with Garlic Red Pepper Miso
Serves three or four
3 tblsp olive oil
½ lb whole wheat penne pasta or gluten-free substitute
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp curry powder
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
14 oz cake of extra firm tofu
½ cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
3 tblsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso
1. 1. Bring 2 ½ quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and penne, stir. Boil 11-13 minutes or to desired tenderness stirring occasionally. Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. Dry tofu with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Cut into small cubes.
3. Heat 2 tblsp of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Saute 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add cubed tofu, stirring for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tsp curry powder over tofu and stir to coat. Add dried basil.
4. Add chopped spinach and sun-dried tomatoes to tofu. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
5. Mix 2 tblsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso with 2 tsp water in a small bowl. Stir into tofu and vegetables.
6. Add the penne. Toss ingredients well. Add 1 tblsp miso or more to taste. Enjoy!