The frog pond at South River Miso. Photo by Anni Elwell Hanna
Spring Greetings from South River Miso
Spring brings a surge of new life and soon tender green shoots grow rapidly into spinach, salad greens of many hues and plump red radishes. A dressing made from sweet miso enhances the fresh tastes of spring. Miso is also great for marinating fish and meats for cookouts on the grill. In every spoonful of miso you get delicious flavor, a boost of vegetable protein, as well as natural probiotics and enzymes. May you enjoy good health in the beautiful summertime.
Order Your Summer Supply Now
Order at southrivermiso.com.
We do not
ship our unpasteurized miso
in the warmer months. See shipping deadlines below.
Spring 2016 Shipping Deadlines
Order by April 25th
for UPS ground shipping to southern and western
states (including TN, NC, all states south of these, and to all states west of the
Order by May 25th
for all other states and for UPS 2nd Day Air
shipments to any location.
Our regular shipping season will resume September 15th, 2016.
Ginger Garlic Broccoli
Serves three or four
2 cups of chopped broccoli
4 cloves pressed or minced garlic
2 tsp pressed ginger
1 tsp olive oil
1 heaping tbsp of Three Year Barley Miso
(or any of our varieties
1. Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes until crispy-tender.
2. Remove from steamer and put in a bowl. Add garlic, ginger, olive oil and miso. Toss to coat.
3. Enjoy with broiled fish or chicken and rice for a light, healthy meal.
Plumbing the Depths of Miso Soup
Recently Christian Elwell, co-founder/co-owner of South
River Miso was interviewed here by Mari Uyehara, a
former senior editor at Saveur
, food & drink editor at
Time Out New York
, and food editor for Martha Stewart
. She grew up in Massachusetts not far from
the miso company and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Read her delightful and insightful article about her life-long love of miso soup and her family stories at www.seriouseats.com
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slide shows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store
- Try more of our great recipes
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River
- View a slide show of the miso making process
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers
Please join our community on Facebook