October 10th, 2016
South River Rice Paddy. Photo by Christian Elwell
Autumn Greetings from South River Miso
Days grow shorter, trees change into their warm fall
colors and our appetite increases for heartier, harvest foods.
South River Miso is the perfect savory, versatile seasoning for
autumn soups, sauces and marinades. Our organic miso is full of
naturally occurring probiotics and enzymes that may support the
immune system and aid in healthy digestion.
We currently have all ten of our delicious miso varieties
available online at southrivermiso.com
Visit our informative website for more recipes, a description of the miso making process, videos
Full Circle: The Story of Miso
Jeremy Carpel, founder of Plumshot Productions has studied the art of Japanese cooking in the US and in Japan. He worked at Sushi Taro, a top-rated restaurant in Washington, DC. He visited us for a few days in the spring of 2015 and included interviews with founder Christian Elwell in this wonderful farm to table video.
Sole with Miso Glaze
Enjoy this delicious sole with a serving of quinoa and kale or a nutritious side of your choosing.
2 medium fillets of sole
1 tbsp agave
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp Sweet White Miso
1 tsp finely grated ginger
2 tsp pressed garlic
¼ cup of cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp sliced kalamata olives
1 tbsp pressed garlic
Remainder of glaze
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the miso glaze and stir until evenly mixed.
2. Coat fillets of fish on both sides and set aside to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
3. Chop cherry tomatoes and olives in half and mix with garlic. Set aside.
4. Preheat large pan on high and coat with olive oil. Place sole fillets carefully in pan and cook each side for approximately 1 ½ minutes.
5. Set fish aside on a platter.
6. Mix tomato topping and remainder of miso glaze and saute for about 1 minute.
7. Place tomato topping on fillets of sole and serve with a side of greens and your favorite grain. Enjoy!
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slideshows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store.
- Try more of our great recipes.
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River.
- View a slide show of the miso making process.
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso.
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm.
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers.
Please join our community on Facebook