October 12, 2017
Autumn afternoon at South River Miso
Autumn Greetings from South River Miso
Deep orange winter squash, dark green kale, sweet carrots, ruby beets; the joyful
abundance of autumn calls forth our culinary creativity.
Miso is the perfect savory, healthful seasoning for casseroles, hearty soups,
marinated fish or meat dishes and more.
With its ancient history and naturally occurring probiotics and enzymes, miso will
enhance your enjoyment of the delicious bounty of nature and can contribute to
your health and wellbeing.
All ten of our delicious miso varieties are available online at southrivermiso.com
Please visit our web site to watch videos of our unique process
Enjoy this warming bean dish which captures the sunny hues and fiery bite of
Southwestern cuisine. The Garlic Red Pepper miso
is right at home here. We live
in a global village where different food cultures can come together to create new
Serves three or four
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
I ½ cup chopped onions
1 ½ cup diced carrots
½ cup chopped sweet peppers
1 ½ cup diced fresh or cooked tomatoes
¼ -½ tsp minced hot peppers
¼ -½ tsp salt
1 cup cooked pinto beans
1 cup cooked black beans
1 tsp chili powder
2-3 tbsp South River Garlic Red Pepper miso
1. Heat pot with heavy bottom. When hot, add oil, then garlic,
onions, carrots and sweet peppers.
2. Stir, add a tablespoon of water, cover and let cook on medium
heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, hot peppers, chili powder, beans and salt. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 minutes.
4. Mix miso with a little water and stir in. Turn off heat and allow to
sit for a few minutes.
5. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Enjoy with warm tortilla or corn bread and side of greens if you wish.
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slideshows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store.
- Try more of our great recipes.
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River.
- View a slide show of the miso making process.
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso.
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm.
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers.
Please join our community on Facebook