December 5th, 2016
Happy Holidays from South River Miso
Best wishes to you this holiday season from South River Miso! Savory, power-packed miso can
be used in many dishes during this festive season. It makes a wonderful seasoning in soups, an excellent tenderizer and flavor enhancer in marinades,
delicious in salad dressings, dips and more. With miso you are getting not only a rich savory
taste but also healthy amounts of digestive enzymes and naturally occurring probiotics. Head
over to our our website
to see more recipes.
We offer a Sampler Pack
that makes a great holiday gift. It contains four one pound jars with an
assortment of our most popular varieties of miso and a recipe booklet. Enjoy the holiday season!
Squash Soup with Miso
1 medium butternut, kabocha or other winter squash weighing 2 lbs
1 large sweet potato
1 medium sized onion, chopped
3 tbsp Sweet-Tasting Brown Rice Miso
6 cups vegetable stock
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp chopped scallions
1 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 ℉
2. Cut squash into quarters with skin on. Leave sweet potato whole and pierce with fork in a few places. Roast both uncovered for about 1 hour or until soft when pierced with a knife.
3. When cool enough to handle, remove skins of squash and sweet potato.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, chopped garlic and grated ginger. Cook until softened.
5. Add the vegetable stock (or substitute plain water). Add the roasted squash and sweet potato. Bring to high heat. Simmer for about 15 mins.
6. Dilute miso in about two teaspoons of water and add to soup.
7. Puree with an immersion blender or in regular blender.
8. Garnish with scallions and a dash of paprika.
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slide shows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store
- Try more of our great recipes
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River
- View a slide show of the miso making process
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers
Please join our community on Facebook