Happy, Healthy Holidays from South River Miso
‘Tis the season to stay healthy! What better way to strengthen your digestive powers and boost your immune system than with a health food that’s been esteemed for over 2,500 years! South River Miso is a tasty, fully plant-based seasoning that contains high protein, active enzymes and naturally occurring probiotics. Eating miso on a regular basis can promote a thriving, healthy microbiome that can be beneficial to one’s overall vibrancy and well-being.
Miso lends its savory, salty flavor to soups, stews, vegetable, grain, bean dishes and more. Utilize its natural enzymes to tenderize and marinate foods before grilling or baking. Find many wonderful recipes
on our website.
We offer a Sampler Pack
that makes a great holiday gift. It contains four different one-pound jars of South River Miso. We currently offer eight delectable Miso varieties. Experiment and find your favorites!
Visit our website
to order and watch videos
of our miso making process.
All of us at South River Miso are wishing all of you a safe, healthy and peaceful holiday season.
Festive Penne with Three Year Barley Miso
Serves three or four
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb whole wheat penne pasta or gluten-free substitute
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp curry powder
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
14 oz cake of extra firm tofu
1/2 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsp Three Year Barley Miso
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add penne and cook 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put 1 tblsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add the spinach and cook, stirring rapidly for about 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Dry tofu with paper towel or cloth to remove excess moisture. Cut into small cubes.
4. Next, put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Saute 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add cubed tofu, stirring for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tsp curry powder over tofu and stir to coat. Add dried basil. Mix 2 tbsp Three Year Barley Miso with 2 tsp water in a small bowl. Stir into tofu. Turn off heat and add sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Drain the penne. Combine all ingredients. Add 1 tbsp miso or more to taste. Enjoy!
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our website by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store.
- Try more of our great recipes.
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River.
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso.
Please join our community on Facebook