Fall foliage on the South River. Photo by Brittany Terry.
Autumn Greetings from South River Miso
Warm greetings to you all. We are now shipping all nine varieties of our
delicious, savory miso to all parts of the country. You can order now at southrivermiso.com
Miso is an ancient, time-tested seasoning which has been enhancing human health for at least
2,500 years! It is a combination of grains and beans which are cooked and salted, then
fermented in large wooden vats for weeks or several years depending on the variety. See more
information about our miso making process
South River Miso is the perfect seasoning for the nourishing squash, roots, greens and
grains of the fall harvest. Look for many delectable recipes on our website.
Stay healthy and whole-hearted!
~ All the best to you from the folks at South River Miso
Enjoy this warming bean dish which captures the sunny hues and fiery bite of
Southwestern cuisine. The Garlic Red Pepper miso
is right at home here. We live
in a global village where different food cultures can come together to create new
Serves three or four
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
I ½ cup chopped onions
1 ½ cup diced carrots
½ cup chopped sweet peppers
1 ½ cup diced fresh or cooked tomatoes
½ tsp minced hot peppers or to taste
½ tsp salt
1 cup cooked pinto beans
1 cup cooked black beans
1 tsp chili powder
2-3 tbsp South River Garlic Red Pepper miso
1. Heat pot with heavy bottom. When hot, add oil, then garlic,
onions, carrots and sweet peppers.
2. Stir, add a tablespoon of water, cover and let cook on medium
heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, hot peppers, chili powder, beans and salt. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 minutes.
4. Mix miso with a little water and stir in. Turn off heat and allow to
sit for a few minutes.
5. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Enjoy with warm tortilla or corn bread and side of greens if you wish.
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our website by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store.
- Try more of our great recipes.
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River.
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso.
Please join our community on Facebook
, and YouTube