Sweet Onion Soup
Serves three or four
4 large onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Sweet-Tasting Brown Rice Miso
2 tablespoons Garlic Red Pepper Miso
(Using two varieties is optional. Use a total of 4 tablespoons of miso.)
1 quart water
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of dried thyme
Chopped parsley and scallion
1. Heat olive oil in heavy soup pot and add onions with pinch of
sea salt and dried thyme.
2. Sauté on high flame for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to low flame.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add water and bring to boil over high heat.
5. In a small bowl blend miso with 1/2 cup liquid from pot.
flame and add diluted miso. Turn off heat.
6. Season to taste by adding more miso or sea salt.
with fresh parsley and scallions.
~This soup is super yummy and easy to make. You may find yourself devouring it! Add your favorite cheese and some garlicky croutons if you like.