Tamari Seed Crackers
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup raw, unhulled sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds OR raw cashews
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup water
2 tsp South River Sweet White Miso or South River Chickpea Tamari
Small amount of oil (sunflower or sesame) for pan
- Preheat oven to 325 ° F.
- Place chia and sesame seeds in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine evenly. This is an important step! If the chia seeds aren’t mixed in with another small seed, they tend to clump together.
- Add remaining seeds and mix until they are all evenly distributed.
- Stir 2 tsp of miso or tamari, into water until dissolved.
- Add water to seed mixture and stir well. Mixture will thicken in about 5 minutes. Wait until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and oil it lightly. (The oil is optional- but it does make the crackers easier to flip)
- Pour seed mixture onto oiled parchment. Spread mixture to an even
thickness of about 1/4" using the back side of a spoon. Try to not leave spaces in the cracker mixture while spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip over using 2 spatulas.
- Put back in oven until golden and crisp (approx. 5 min).