Tasty Tofu Stir Fry
1lb block of organic tofu
4-5 tsp olive oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp dry curry powder
2 tbsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso
or any of our One Year Miso
1 Tbsp sliced pitted green or Kalamata olives
¼ cup sliced pickled sweet peppers
1. Cut block of tofu in half lengthwise. Put the two halves on a double layer of
paper towels on a plate. Cover with another double layer of paper towels.
Put a cast iron or other heavy object on top. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Remove tofu and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Cut the tofu into about 12 rectangular pieces around 3/4 inches x 3 inches. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Heat a heavy pan, then, add olive oil. Cook tofu pieces on one side until golden, around 2-3 minutes for each side.
4. Use shakers to sprinkle turmeric and curry powder on tofu and stir/flip to coat evenly.
5. Dilute miso with about 2 tbsp of water. Stir in miso, chopped olives and peppers.
6. Cook very gently on low heat for a minute or so. Turn off heat. Let sit in pan, covered for 1 minute.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley or scallions.
Enjoy with a side of fresh salad or lightly cooked mixed greens.