Festive Penne with Three Year Barley Miso
Serves three or four
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb whole wheat penne pasta or gluten-free substitute
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp curry powder
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
14 oz cake of extra firm tofu
1/2 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsp Three Year Barley Miso
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add penne and cook 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put 1 tblsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add the spinach and cook, stirring rapidly for about 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Dry tofu with paper towel or cloth to remove excess moisture. Cut into small cubes.
4. Next, put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Saute 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add cubed tofu, stirring for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tsp curry powder over tofu and stir to coat. Add dried basil. Mix 2 tbsp Three Year Barley Miso with 2 tsp water in a small bowl. Stir into tofu. Turn off heat and add sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Drain the penne. Combine all ingredients. Add 1 tbsp miso or more to taste. Enjoy!