Enjoy this warming bean dish which captures the sunny hues and fiery bite of
Southwestern cuisine. The
Garlic Red Pepper miso
is right at home here. We live
in a global village where different food cultures can come together to create new
Serves three or four
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
I ½ cup chopped onions
1 ½ cup diced carrots
½ cup chopped sweet peppers
1 ½ cup diced fresh or cooked tomatoes
¼ -½ tsp minced hot peppers
¼ -½ tsp salt
1 cup cooked pinto beans
1 cup cooked black beans
1 tsp chili powder
2-3 tbsp South River Garlic Red Pepper miso
1. Heat pot with heavy bottom. When hot, add oil, then garlic,
onions, carrots and sweet peppers.
2. Stir, add a tablespoon of water, cover and let cook on medium
heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, hot peppers, chili powder beans and salt. Cover and
cook on low for 8-10 minutes.
4. Mix miso with a little water and stir in. Turn off heat and allow to
sit for a few minutes.
5. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Enjoy with warm tortilla or corn bread and side of greens if you wish.